seq, a simple MIDI file player and recorder
Several features are still missing in cyclone's seq.
The most important is, probably, handling of MIDI system exclusive
messages. Cyclone's seq suffers from various
incompatibilities, and lack of extensive testing.
There are some incompatible additions, too:
- cyclone's seq loads multi-track files
(but merges all tracks into one);
- supports messages pause and
- supports random access: the message goto
<score-time-in-seconds> with optional second argument for
extra precision, <offset-in-ms>;
- reports current score time (message
- current directory for reading files may be specified (as
absolute or relative path argument in message cd)
and queried (message pwd);
- when clicked at, presents a text editor window for examining
and modifying an event list.
complaints to this address